HAND PHYSIOTHERAPY DEPARTMENT
- We provide physiotherapy training to students in the management of fractures of hand, tendon injuries and nerve injuries after repair, joint sprains and painful nerve compressions.
- We also provide hands on training to students in making splints for immobilisation of fracture including splinting technique for tendon injuries after repair.
- We provide students the opportunity to gain knowledge and treatments of wounds, oedema of the hand and sensory re-education.
- Students are encouraged to participate in industrial visits for onsite evaluation and provide advice to the workers affected with upper limb disorders including preventive care of hand injuries.
- Hand physiotherapy department trains each student to evaluate, identify the problems of upper limb and treat the patients using evidence based practical method.
- We also provide specialised care to oral cancer patients after post neck dissection who have spinal accessory nerve syndrome .Students are intimately involved in these procedures also.
Designation : Assistant professor
Email id : email@example.com
Teaching subjects like Biomechanics, PT in orthopaedics, Basic physics/chemistry, PT in dentistry.
Area of interest – interested in doing research using physiotherapy modalities for dental related
1) International journal of applied Research –ISSN 2394-7500 ISSN online 2394-5869.Effect of Neck muscle training and Ergonomic education in Musculoskeletal neck pain among dentist in Chennaivolume 2 page 61-64
2) A study on physiotherapy intervention programme on obesity among youths – Paripex-Indian Journal ofResearch,feb2016, volume 5 issue 2: 80-82