Cardio vascular & Pulmonary Physiotherapy Department [OPD] provide General Chest Evaluation, Cardiac fitness care, Cardio vascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
Inpatient Cardio Pulmonary Department [IPD] has an essential role in restoring function in patients requiring critical care by using conservative, non invasive approaches. It provides specialized care with the view of ultimately returning individuals suffering from cardiac or respiratory conditions to a healthy and productive life. This department provide comprehensive physical assessments and individualized rehabilitation therapy sessions for patients who are admitted in Casualty & Emergency care unit , MICU., SICU., NICU., PICU., Surgery (male & female) ward, medicine (male & female) ward, It meets the personal requirements of the critical care unit of Saveetha medical college and Hospital which has life support equipments like Advanced Ventilator, Defibrillator, Electrocardiogram monitor, Arterial and Venous Lines, Pulse Oxymeter, Oxygen Transport, Monitoring of Fluids, Electrolyte balance, Suction Apparatus, Nebulizer.etc.,
The department is running 6 days in a week from Monday to Saturday. Along with its regular OPD it also covers IPD ofSaveetha Medical College & Hospital (Casualty & Emergency care unit , MICU., SICU., NICU., PICU., Surgery (male & female)ward, Medicine (male & female) ward, The department is attending approximately 10-20 OPD and IPD patients /day.
Designation: Associate Professor
Email ID : email@example.com
Current Role & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for staffs & students of cardio pulmonary department
- To be responsible for handling services and work distribution for staffs in dealing patients.
- Monitoring the responsibilities of staff and their academic duties within the department.
- Being as PG Coordinator. Supervising, assessing & evaluating the performance and competence of post graduate students.
- Monitoring the post graduate students of their routine schedule and also being as a mentor of solving their problems.
- Member secretary of institutional Scientific & Research committee and making arrangements of ISRB periodically to evaluate the Research papers from both faculty and students side.
- Member of board of studies.
- NIRF Coordinator for SCOPT
- Elective – 1 - Cardiovascular & pulmonary conditions,1st M.P.T.
- Exercise physiology 1st M.P.T.
- Research methodology 1st M.P.T.
- PT Administration 1st M.P.T.
- Elective 2 & 3 – Cardiovascular & pulmonary Physiotherapy 2nd M.P.T.
- Physiotherapy in Cardio pulmonary conditions 3rd B.P.T.
Expertise: Area of interest:
- Pulmonary function testing,Treadmill testing,Exercise fitness and oxygen consumption testing.
- Various Manual techniques handling on breathing pattern and maintaining lung hygiene procedures.
Various modalities on respiration, pulmonary hygiene and quality of life, fitness and its effects on cardio vascular and pulmonary functions, fitness training and its effects on metabolic equivalents.
- Dr. E. Shanmugananth. As a Primary Researcher conducted study on Effect of pulmonary rehabilitation on various terms on lung functions and exercise capacity among chronic obstructive lung disorder.Link: IJAPRR International Peer Reviewed Refereed Journal, Vol. II, 01-12, 2015
- Dr. E. Shanmugananth. As a Primary Researcher Done A Comparative Study between the Upper Trunk and Lower Trunk Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Techniques on Improving Postural Control in Hemiplegic Patients Link: IJAPRR International Peer Reviewed Refereed Journal, Vol. IIi, issue vii
- Dr .E. Shanmugananth. As a Secondary Researcher been in the study on Association of environmental tobacco smoking with pulmonary functions among pregnant women. Link: international journal of health science and research.
- Dr. E. Shanmugananth. As a Secondary Researcher been in the study on effects of conventional chest physical therapy versus expiratory flow increased technique on cardio pulmonary stress in infants with oxygen therapy.Link : international journal of therapy and rehabilitation research
- Dr. E. Shanmugananth. As a secondary researcher included in study of changes in pain intensity and health related quality of life with lyenger yoga in non specific chronic low back painLink : International journal journal of yoga
- Dr. E. Shanmugananth. As a secondary researcher included in study of an electromyographic study on constant location versus changing location swiss ball exercise in the recruitement of abdominal muscle in chronic low back pain patients. Link : international journal of sport science
- Dr. E. Shanmugananth. As a secondary researcher included in study of an a study on the effect of step aerobic exercise on blood pressure, heart rate, triglycerides, high density lipoprotein and low density lipoprotein on a patient with acute myocardial infarction: a case studyLink - international journal of physiotherapy and research 2016; 4(3):1546-1549.
DESIGNATION : ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
DEPARTMENT : CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSIOTHERAPY
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working as Assistant Professor at Saveetha College of Physiotherapy , Saveetha Medical College, Thandalam.
- Previous experience as Assistant professor for 4.9 years(SEP 2009-JUN 2014) In Meenakshi College of Physiotherapy, Virugambakkam, Chennai.
COORDINATOR FOR 2 nd YEAR (3 rd sem) BPT- BATCH A & B
- PG Subjects: MPT 2 nd year OBG
- U.G subjects: PT cardio respiratory for Physiotherapy, Community PT, Environmental Sciences
- Executive Member in examination cell committee in SCPT
- Executive Member in Infrastructure and Facility management in Saveetha University
- Participating in service education programs, Continuous Professional Development programs and workshops within the department.
- Involvement in research programs of the department
- Teaching physiotherapy subjects for undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Been as an Internal Examiner for Undergraduate and Postgraduate examinations for
- Meenakshi University.
- Documentation and clinical record maintenance, Correcting log and clinical records of patients maintained by students
- Organizing and conducting case presentations and journal clubs for undergraduate post graduate students.
- Designating cases to junior physiotherapists, supervision and teaching them at clinical areas.
- Representing physiotherapy services at multidisciplinary team meetings to ensure delivery of coordinated multidisciplinary services both at university and hospital level.
- Organizing and conducting case presentations and journal clubs for post graduate students.
- Representing physiotherapy services at multidisciplinary team meetings to ensure delivery of coordinated multidisciplinary services to patients.
AREA OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE & RESEARCH
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Cardio respiratory Rehab
- Academic Topper and Gold medal winner in MPT, at Meenakshi university, Chennai
- Presented post-graduation poster at South India Physiotherapy Conference held on 9th& 10th December 2006 organized by Government College of Physiotherapy- Chennai
RESEARCH & PUBLICATION:
- Publication of manuscript entitled “Effect of Aerobic Exercise training on Hypertensive women exercises published in IJMR (International Journal of Medical and Health Research) Jan 2017, VOL 3,Issue 1
DESIGNATION: Assistant Professor
EMAIL ID: email@example.com
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handling subjects for UG – General & Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy for 3rd year BPT and Exercise Therapy 1 – 3rd Semester.
- Handling subject for PG – MPT 2nd year Uro-Gynecology
- Co-ordinator for BPT 4th year
- Member secretary for Women empowerment and Sexual harassment committee
- Physiotherapy services for ICU, IP and OP patients.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH,AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Respiratory disease
- pelvic diseases
- Received for valuable contribution “Towards the Achievement of Guinness World Record at Saveetha University on April 7th 2016
- Nidhi Sharma, Kaja Rekha, Krishnamurthy Jayashree Srinivasan. Efficacy of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation in the treatment of overactive bladder. 2016; 10(10): 17-20.
- K. Rekha, Vijayalakshmi. A, D. Samuel Sundar Doss, Vaiyapuri Anandh. Effects of home based upper extremity exercise in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2016; 8(9): 1351-1355.
- K. Rekha, D. Samuel Sundar Doss, R. Prathyusha Kanti Nandini. Effects of Respiratory Muscle training among Elderly Individuals. Research journal of Pharmacy and technology. 2016; 9(8): 1119-1122.
- P R Vivek, Shanmugananth, Prabhakaran Natraj and Rekha.K. A study on the effect of step aerobic exercise on blood pressure, heart rate, triglycerides, high density lipoprotein and low density lipoprotein on a patient with acute myocardial infarction. A case study. International Journal of Physiotherapy and Research. 2016; 4(3): 1546-49.
- K. Rekha, Shristi Rai, Vaiyapuri Anandh, D. Samuel Sundar Doss. Effect of Stretching Respiratory Accessory Muscles in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2016; 9 (Suppl issue 1): 105-108.
- D. Samuel Sundar Doss, S. Anandhalakshmi, K. Rekha, Akhil Antony. K. Effect of Smoking on Heart Rate Variability in Normal Healthy Volunteers. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2016; 9(4): 230-234.
- Shiny S James, K. Rekha, Vaiyapuri Anandh, L.Chandrasekar and Radhakrishnan Unnikrishnan. Effects of threshold Inspiratory muscle trainer in Bronchial asthma. Biomedicine. 2016; 36(1): 077-082.
- D Samuel Sundar Doss, and Rekha K. Effects of Aerobic Exercise in Improving Cardio-Respiratory Fitness among Young Male Adult Smokers. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2016; 7(2): 1578-83.
- Anandh Vaiyapuri, Loganathan Chandrasekar, Unikrishnan Radhakrishnan, Rekha Kaja. Home based Exercise management in Primary Dysmenorrhea. International Journal of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. 2016; 5(1): 37-52.
- Vishnu Priya, Rekha K. Effects of wrist weighing in reducing upper limb. Tremors in patients with cerebellar lesions. International Journal of Physiotherapy and Research. 2016; 3(4): 1138-41.
- Akhil Antony.K, A.Christy, D.Samuel Sundar Doss, K.Rekha. Effect of moderate intensity exercise training on pulmonary Functions in young normal and obese adults. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 2015; 6(3B): 693-699.
- K. Rekha, A. Kumaresan, ReziyaParveen. A comparative study of Plantar Fascia Tissue stretching and achilles tendon stretching for chronic heel pain. International Journal of Advanced Life Sciences. 2015; 8(1): 81-84.
- K. Rekha, VaiyapuriAnandh, K. Rajendran. Home based therapeutic intervention for type 2 diabetes mellitus. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014; 7(3): 275-280.
- Samuel Sundar Doss. D, Rekha K, Prathap S. Effects of non weight bearing strength training for knee osteoarthritis. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014; 5(3): 188-192.
- K. Rekha, S.Deepika Raj, Vaiyapuri Anandh, Jagatheesan Alagesan. Cardiovascular Fitness among Software Professionals in Chennai". International Journal of Review of Life Sciences. 3(2): 2013, 32-35.
- Rekha K, Anandh V, Alagesan J. Effects of Inspiratory Muscle Training for Obesity. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences. 2013; 2(7): 1571-1578.
- K.Kotteeswaran, K.Rekha, Vaiyapuri Anandh. Effect of stretching and strengthening shoulder muscles in protracted shoulder in Healthy Individuals. International Journal of Computer Application, 2012; 2(2): 111-118.
EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH, AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Non communicable diseases
- secondary research
- Evidence based practice.
1. Translation Resource manager for Cochrane Tamil translation of Plain language summaries.
- Hariohm K, Prakash V, Saravankumar J. Quantity and quality of randomized controlled trials published by Indian physiotherapists. PerspectClin Res 2015;6:91-7
- K.Hariohm, V. Prakash and J. Saravan Kumar.Research productivity of Indian physiotherapists–a review of MEDLINE.CURRENT SCIENCE,VOL.110,NO.12,25 JUNE 2016.